Death & Hell: What Does the Bible Say?
This three-part course is taught online (Zoom). We have a discussion format, and all views are welcome.
Part 1: What Happens When We Die?
Friday • November 18 • 7:00-8:30 PM Central (US)
- The prevailing Christian belief about death and where it comes from
- What the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil represent
- The definition of “life” and “death”
- The definitions of “spirit” and “soul”
- What happens between death and resurrection
Part 2: The First & Second Resurrections / Forget “Heaven & Hell”
Saturday • November 19 • 10:00-11:30 AM Central (US)
- When the resurrections will occur and who is involved
- Why the “heaven and hell” dichotomy isn’t biblical (and what is)
Part 3: The Second Death (Hell)
Friday • November 25 • 7:00-8:30 PM Central (US)
Saturday • November 26 • 10:00-11:30 AM Central (US)
- The good news about hell
- Why the Bible refers to hell as “the second death”
- The difference between the first death and the second death
- Reconciling hell with a loving God